2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

To take our girls or not

That is the question!

We have been encouraged by our agency to consider taking our girls with us to Vietnam. Wow, we never would have even considered it otherwise. I don't know how I am going to handle the plane trip, let alone how my 5 and 6 year old (by then) will. It would be nice to have them there though when they meet their siblings and it is an opportunity of a lifetime to see that the world doesn't operate as we do here. My kids are very sheltered...for a reason! I like to protect them from the bad in our world, however I know better than to pretend that bad isn't there. Is this an instance when we should let them see the poverty and hurt that exists in this world? Are they ready to handle it? Definitely something to take to a Higher Authority!

A short post, but deep thoughts

2 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 5:02 PM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

We are taking 3 of our kids - ages 4, 9 and 12. I think one of the wonderful things about an experience like this is that it isn't necessarily *bad*, it is just poverty. THe people are still happy, simple, kind, loving, gentle, spiritual, amazing humans. I think it is such a gift for our sheltered American kids to see that people can be genuinely happy with almost nothing. What a lesson!!

 
At 7/22/2006 10:46 PM , Blogger jenn said...

That is what I am hoping. I know it will be a good experience for our children...something they will never forget. I also wonder if it won't help our two new children fit in better if they have their sisters right there. My biggest concerns are the 15 hour flight over the ocean with 2, and then 4, children. I am trying to talk my parents into going along to help out, if anything with our 2 girls while we might be tied down with the newest addition to our family.
Thank you nicki for posting a comment and allowing me another persons thoughts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home