2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A beautiful thing



I learned something beautiful about my daughters' names today. Both Hoa and Lan mean flower in Vietnamese. However Hoa Lan (together) means orchid. How significant and a bright spot that I needed today!

It tells us the Hoa was born first with Lan following right behind. I do know that their mother named them and finding that together their names are a flower I have never been able to get bloom is special to me. It also tells me how important it was to her that they stay together, what an honor to be able to fill that request.

I finally have orchids blossoming!

5 Comments:

At 12/23/2006 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

how beautiful- I'm still praying and have update theoldfrontporch message boards to pray for you as well.

 
At 12/23/2006 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Jenn! That's really neat!! I had wondered about their names....especially Hoa b/c my daughter also has Hoa as part of her name. And I knew that Hoa is usually paired with another name to give it more specific meaning.....but your Hoa didn't have the 2nd part. At least I didn't think she did!! Her second part was sleeping right beside her all along! I love it!! And how beautiful that it means orchid. They certainly are as precious as an orchid. I'm so glad you found this info out. It's priceless!

 
At 12/23/2006 2:06 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

That is so incrediably special. I love it that their birth mother named them, and then to have so much meaning within the name is neat.

 
At 12/23/2006 3:16 PM , Blogger LawMommy said...

That is beautiful. Our daughter's name is "Lan" too. I am glad to know that when she grows up I can tell her in Vietnamese it means "flower". (Her American name, "Lana", means "peaceful".)

Gretchen

 
At 12/23/2006 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn:
What a lovely name....nice to keep part of it.
Our son is from Hung Yen also....his orphanage was in the small town of An Thi....just curious if your girls are from the same place. I am trying to get in touch with his nanny before we travel back this winter. Just curious, what is the deal with the plane tickets....late January sounds tough.
regards,
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home