2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Healthy Babies

We had our medical visit today, which means we recieved our passports before that.

The girls are both healthy and did well for their visits to the SOS clinic. It is a very nice clinic just south of the lake. We are hoping to not have to go back, but will not have to go back, but if one of the girls were not healthy I would not hesitate to go there in a minute. Very clean and very nice bedside manner with the babies.
And for all of you waiting to know exactly how big these babies are:

Chloe is 11.5 pounds and 24.5 inches
Aubrey is 10.5 pounds and 23.5 inches

Seems so small, I think one of my sisters was bigger than Aubrey is now at birth! We were told though that they are develping normally, very little delay in motor skils and that they are on the lower end of the normal range for Vietnamese baby. Not bad for twin orphans! It just goes to show, again, how well cared for and loved these two were in their orphanage. Dr. Beck will be pleased to see such healthy babies and we will be pleased to be home and see Dr. Beck. Oh, by the way, Dr. Beck is one of those doctors that you hope never retires! He was my doctor when I was little, and I have no bad memories of going there and my mom thought he was great. After bringing Olivia and Grace there for 5 years now, I agree. The one thing you will hear often from him is "you are the babies mom, you tell me what is wrong or what your concerns are and we will go from there." Now, that is not to say that he doesn't do well-checks, he does a very thorough exam. Another thing I like about him is that he does not over-prescribe meds.

Ok, I am rambling. That is it for today as all of that pretty much took the entire day. Please keep praying for us that we will be able to make our flights on the 29th. I can not imagine missing one more week of my other girls' lives. I am already missing one birthday, can't imagine missing another.

Jenn

6 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 9:27 AM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

They are so tiny! They seem so much bigger in pictures! Aubrey is the exact same size as Noah was at birth. haha. It is great you got the clean bill of health and can just do the one last thing and hit the road. It sounds like you have had a really nice trip but all good things must come to an end and I am sure home sounds so good right about now, particularily becuase of your two other girls!

 
At 12/21/2006 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, Jenn the girls are VERY healthy. 10 & 11 lbs for twins in an orphanage is BIG!!! Three of my four kids were adopted at 4 months and two of those were only 7.5 lbs. They were not healthy babies. I could tell your girls look much healthier than mine were, and their weights really show that. That's really really good!! They've had an excellent start to life. I'm so pleased to hear that!

I'll be praying you make your flight on the 29th.

 
At 12/21/2006 10:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could tell those little beauties looked healthy. Looks like they have been taken very good care of.
My little girl was only 8 lbs when she was 4 months old, so they are doing fantastic.
Hope everything works out with your fight for the 29th.

Stephanie

 
At 12/21/2006 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the spelling error. I meant to write flight, not fight.

Stephanie

 
At 12/21/2006 1:52 PM , Blogger jenn said...

Stephanie
It feels like a fight to make the flight, your good on that one.

 
At 12/21/2006 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you- glad to hear they had a great checkup- I got fast internet today- and was finally able to watch the laughing video!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home