2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Beauty

What really is beauty?

beau·ty
1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).


We went yesterday to get our first photos taken. The place we like to go is WONDERFUL with children and now I am even more impressed as they are just as great with babies! Imagine a photography studio that doesn't cringe when you walk in with 2 five month old babies and their two older sisters, rather they get all excited and start digging through the bins to see what to use. The babies for some reason shed that "deer in the headlights" look that they tend to get when I get the camera out and turned into smiles and charm. My older two waited fairly patiently while the babies were oogled over and even sat for a couple of good shots themselves.

Then the best part is that this place is in a mall with a wonderful play area (only one entrance/exit to the area, a whole other topic to be discussed at a later date.) So while we wait for them to touch up the photos and create our own little slide show, the girls get to play, the babies get to eat, and Grandma gets to shop...life is good. Oh and I can not wait to post some of those photos (can I do that so long as I give credit to the studio?) as they are so sweet. I am no good at communicating what I want in a photo session and figure that is what they do for a living, let them do it. I bring m kids, brush their hair, let them know if there is a specific pose I need/want and let them do their job. It always works out well, and this time was no exception. It was wonderful to sit in the front window of this store, play with my older two, and to overlook a couple photographers go nuts over my babies as people drifted by smiling at the beauty inside the studio window.

Funny thing too, I ran into a friend who is also adopting from Vietnam and lives in the same part of the state as I do. Small world and I can not wait to see her little sweeties and have a few play-dates.

So, back to the topic at hand, is beauty the precious faces of my twin baby girls, or any baby at that? Is it the adorable little sweaters we put them in, the cute little looks that are all their own? Is it the love and relationship between sisters, seeing them grow closer as the days pass? Is it the process and gift of both birth and adoption?

For such a small word, beauty carries quite a bit with it.

4 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Can't wait to see a picture of all the girls together. I bet it was priceless.


Stephanie

 
At 1/09/2007 8:19 PM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

This is a beautiful post, Jenn :-)

 
At 1/09/2007 9:45 PM , Blogger KelleyO said...

Very lovely.

 
At 1/09/2007 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home