2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Friday, September 29, 2006

Unwritten Rules

Apparently if you live in my area of the state and you are an attourney, you are compeled by some unknown source to leave work early on fridays...that is, if you don't take the entire day off. Nothing wrong with it, just stinks that you can call all the way down the listing in the phone book and not one is available at 4Pm on a Friday to notarize signatures. Ugh! Oh well, at least I can put aside my dossier knowing it is complete and final. All I have to do is notarize and send to the consulate. It has the makings of a long weekend, but encouraging knowing the sea of paperwork is coming to a close.

Other unwritten rules:

If you are a homeschooling mom, you have plenty of time to do whatever it is people think you should be doing. (Forget spending a few hours teaching your kids!) Being sardcastic here, there is little free time for those homeschooling.

When you work for your parents, you are almost required to work more than you would like. I appreciate my parents and would do anything for them, but I get concerned when I am working more than I should...it is so hard to tell your parents no. Guess they did a good job raising me in that department!!

Nothing goes like you plan in adoption world, plain and simple.

No matter how well you guard your heart, adoption world will tug and pull at it to no end.

Trudging through, but still smiling...

1 Comments:

At 9/30/2006 9:34 PM , Blogger LawMommy said...

What part of the state are you in? I'm in Toledo, and an attorney, and adopting from Vietnam - so, if you need an attorney to notarize (obviously, I would need to see you actually sign the documents in front of me), send me an email at g r e t c h e n f a i t h at y a h o o dot c o m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home