2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Fingerprinting Appointment

We recieved our fingerprinting appointment. I was so worried that it would be while we were gone for 2 weeks on vacation. Turns out they have us scheduled for the day we leave. I was trying to figure out how to talk my mother into going to Cleveland bright and early and leaving from there, but my husband suggested it would be much easierto meet in Columbus afterward. (My mom is not a morning person, she's rarely up at 8AM, let alone the 6AM it would take to get up and going before vacation!)
I am SO excited as I know having vacation in there will help me with passing time through the wait for approval and all. In fact when I get home, it should only be a 3 week more wait for our I-171H...I can handle that. Once we have that document, we are officially onto a waiting list. Very cool!

5 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn

Found this poem and thought of you. Thought maybe it will be appropriate when you get your new arrivals.

Announcement of Adoption...

In our hearts she was already our song
God kept her secure and safe from harm
Until He could place our little girl in our arms.

She was waiting for us to find her
For us to find the words to our song
And she was just waiting patiently
For us to come along.

God has a way of bringing together
All things that are meant to be
And the joining of baby and parents
Is a glorious sight to see.

Come and join in our celebration
Sing with us our song of love
For the child so sweetly given us
By the Heavenly Father above.

 
At 8/22/2006 9:51 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I am so excited for your family. We will soon be on thae waiting list with you for our daughter. We adopted our first daughter from Vietnam in 99 and she has been such a joy. Hope to keep in touch. We are using VORF.

Stephanie

 
At 8/22/2006 9:53 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

We are also adopting our second daughter form Vietnam and are using VORF. We will be going on the waiting list very soon and hope to keep in touch.

Stephanie

 
At 8/23/2006 8:30 AM , Blogger jenn said...

Stephanie, nice to "meet" you. I published both comments though I know how you ended up with two. I have my blog set for me to approve all messages just to control any spam or flames.
Are you on any of the yahoo groups or boards? I've been very happy with VORF so far and am excited to be getting close to having my name on the list. Where are you at in the process?
Jenn

 
At 8/23/2006 10:27 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Jenn,

We are getting ready to send in our dossier to VORF in the next week. We were told by Carl that if we get the papers in by that time we will be 10th on the waiting list.
I would love to keep in touch with your family and go through this experience together.

God Bless,

Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home