2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Friday, October 06, 2006

Overwhelmed, a bit!

Well, here's the latest in adoption world (as if there is any other world right now around out house!)
I sent out a BIG payment to our agency, biggest amount of money I've sent out yet, by far. It was exciting in a way, but those that know our family know that we aren't big spenders...in a way it was kind of hard to do it! Oh, but the rewards on this can't even be numbered in dollars or cents, that is for sure!!!
Still working on a name for one on the babies, we quickly agreed on the one name, but the other is stumping us...a bad case of "he likes, she likes" going on at our house. We'll figure it out soon and then I'll post to let you all know.
Travel will come fairly quick for us, November. It still seems funny to even say it. When starting this process we honestly thought we'd be at least looking at May/June of 2007. Surprise! So now we have to figure out who is traveling with me and for how long, etc. My husband didn't save many vacation days as we were going to be going next year, not this year. So I am REALLY hoping that we leave the week of Thanksgiving...it'll provide two more days that he can stay with me without cutting into our income. From there on out my dad is planning to fly in and help me out. I can't imagine being there on my own with two 3 month old babies, and some laugh at the thought of my dad (think big teddy bear of a guy) helping me. I know that he will do fine, worst comes to worst he takes care of luggage right!!! All kidding aside, he was really good with both of my girls when they were little and I know he'll do just fine. See I keep telling myself that if I know my dad will do fine, I will do fine as well! I get nervouse about the emotions and all of having 2 little ones and being in a foriegn country. I know I will do fine, but there is that part of me that doesn't listen to my head.
The hardest part of the whole trip is that I will be gone from my oldest two for 3 weeks.
Ouch....
I have left them once for about 5 days to attend a convention and I missed them terribly. Trying to figure out where they will be, who can take care of them while we are gone is a process as well. I have had quite a few people step-up to say they will take them a day or two, and I can't tell them all how much I appreciate it!!! It's hard planing care for your kids for so long, especially when you won't know a for sure ate for a while and you would simply rather have them with you.
I haven't been away from the husband longer than that either, and I hate the thought of being 10 or 12 days without him. I lean on him so much, probably too much and I know I will miss having him at my side. We are such a family bunch its great, and I'll miss out on it for awhile. I am trying to figure out the best way to communicate back home while I am gone. Email I know is easiest and we will be bringing a laptop with us (Thanks Mom!) I am hoping I will still be able to post to blogger, unless it is blocked. In that case I might try to have someone on blog duty. I know how much I have enjoyed reading travel notes of those who have been there and come back and I want to provide the same sevice to those waiting that read my blog as well as update my family and friends on where I am at and how things are going.
So sorry my posts are getting longer and longer. Can you tell I have a lot on my mind!
more to spill out later...

5 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried Skype for communication? www.skype.com
SkypeOut service is free for computer to computer connections. If you have a free internet connection in the hotel then you can talk to a regular phone it is .024 dollars a minute.

 
At 10/07/2006 11:17 PM , Blogger Ange said...

You sound overwhelmed! I'm sure everything will work out for you. My husband was debating on how many holiday days to save as well, we decided that we were probably not going to travel until May/June of 2007 but obviously miracles happen maybe we will have to change plans.I'm glad you're thinking of posting while you are in Vietnam, I look forward to following your journey.

 
At 10/08/2006 5:50 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you can blog when your in Vietnam. I'd love to follow your trip. Wow, travel in November. That's next month! I know exactly, how you feel about leaving the girls. That is the only part of the trip I dread, leaving my two behind.

 
At 10/08/2006 11:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do just great Jenn. And believe me, once you are in VN with the twins, you won't have much time to miss your girls back home. Not that you won't miss them, but your time and focus will need to be on the new babies and that helps divert the attention off of missing the ones at home.

I thought I would go nuts when we left our little ones back home for our adoption trips. It was hard leaving them. I didn't want to do it. But once I was in VN my focus switched to my new child. I knew my kids were safe back home with our parents and I could just focus on my new little one. The only time that was hard were the phone calls back home. I'd totally loose it hearing their sweet little voices. But then it was back to my new baby who needed me more than they needed me. So I got through it. And you will too. Plus you'll have TWO little sweeties who need you in VN. They'll help you get through missing your other two. :)

 
At 10/10/2006 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that you're traveling so soon - wow! I'll look forward to following your trip. Something my parents used to do if they had to go away on a trip was to leave a little treat of some sort for each day you're gone for the kids staying behind to unwrap - it can be something small like a sticker or little piece of candy or small inexpensive toy but it was always fun to open it and made it feel like they were thinking of us - might be something you could do for your kids that are staying behind. Maybe attach a little note to each one too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home