2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Monday, November 20, 2006

12 Days and Counting

Ok, it is BARELY Monday, but I am having a miserable case of insomnia so here I am. Tomorrow is looking to be busy so I decided why not post my thankful thought for the day before I even start it. What do I discover while being up and about in the wee little hours of the morning? The first snow to stick for the year!

Today I am thankful for snow that clings to the branches and buildings. I love to see it coming down so peacefully in the night with no cars plowing through it. Our street looks like it is asleep (I suppose everyone is asleep but me) and sparkly! My girls will wake up in the morning so excited asking if it is Christmas! If the insomnia continues I may just decorate the tree we pulled down out of the attic the other day to make room for storing baby clothes in (the attic, not the tree), then they really will think it is Christmas! What is it about a first snow that is so appealing? So clean and white, sparkly and new...it's like a fresh start to a new season or something.

Feel free to join in on my thankfullness bit. It is easy to leave a comment or even better, post it on your own blog. Pass it around as this week is Thanksgiving and then we move full speed into the Christmas season...add on to that a trip to Vietnam to pick up your waiting children and it simply doesn't get better than this. What are you thankfull for?

Jenn (who so enjoys the cleansing, sparkly cover of white that is washing over her little world!)

6 Comments:

At 11/20/2006 7:25 AM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

I posted my list on my blog, too! Great idea! I love the postcard you painted in my head!!

 
At 11/20/2006 1:45 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Wonderful :) I've posted on my blog, too.

 
At 11/20/2006 1:52 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I too posted some of my thanks on my blog. Thanks for making us really think about it!! You are going to have your girls so soon. Amazing!!

 
At 11/20/2006 2:07 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

Wonderful idea!! I posted on my blog. Wish I was there to see the snow.

 
At 11/20/2006 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great idea, I also posted on mine

 
At 11/20/2006 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,
I'm so jealous that your snow is sticking! I love snow and we rarely get it here, but we were blessed with a light sprinkling today. Of course none of it stuck, but I did get the pleasure of watching Mia's reaction to seeing her first snowfall.

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home