2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Preparing to go

Ok, we have our hotel, there are at least 3 other families traveling with us, our tickets are in my carry-on already.

Ahhhh, now to pack. The packing thing is going to be a headache for sure. Am I taking enough, am I taking too much, what am I forgetting, can I buy it over there? I am hoping to get it down to two backpacks, the lap top and 2 smaller suitcases. We'll see, I'm not going to hold my breath. I have forgotten how much STUFF comes with babies, multiply that by two and it gets pretty bad. I really don't want to be carting a ton of stuff back and forth and am not afraid of doing laundry in the sink at the hotel, though I hear you can get a load of wash done over there pretty cheap. I'll do what it takes and I simply need to quit worrying about it!

I have FINALLY figured out where the girls are going to be while I am gone and Brian is at work. Made up the calendar last night and also put on there who was walking the dog which day. We are so very lucky to have family in the same town as us, as well as long-time friends who are willing to help. The wonderful people that are taking care of my pampered pooch while Brian and I both are gone (my maid of honors parents) will also be helping make sure she gets walked while Brian is at work. Our mother's are each taking a couple days and are even taking them overnight on night so that the girls don't have to be carted around so much the next day. They also will be going out of town to spend the night with their cousins for 2 nights!! They are very excited about this, it'll be a first for them. Add too that two fellow homeschooling moms from church are taking a day as well. 2 weeks doesn't seem long, until you try to arrange for care of your children!

I had another friend give me a bunch of baby clothes. I hope she realizes how much it helps us. All in all, we have PLENTY of 3-6, 6-9 clothes, and a decent start on 18mo. For some reason there wasn't much in the 12 mo size, but that is ok, I know what to tell people now when they ask what we need (for some reason most people don't find it exciting to buy diapers and formula? go figure!)

Some have been asking how to pray for us:
That the twins are being well cared for and that their transition to a family will not be too shocking for them
That we have safe travels and are avoid illness while gone.
That we return as planned or earlier, though no later than 11PM the 31st as we HAVE to touch US soil before the new year or one of us will be getting a job to help cover expenses not re-imbursed.
For Olivia and Grace while we are gone that they have safe travels and enjoy the time with their grandparents.
For my husband and the girls that they will be well taken care of while I am gone.
For us to all grow closer to God through this whole experience!

That is all for now, hopefully the next time I post it will be to let you know packing was a sucess and we simply need to count the days. Thanksgiving will help the time pass as we leave a week after that.

Jenn

4 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 12:14 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Good luck with the packing. It is really overwhelming. I am pretty certain that we are going to end up bringing WAY too much, but oh well. Congrats on getting your girls taken care of while you are away.

 
At 11/15/2006 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Packing doesn't sound too fun. The kids are SO excited that Grace & Olivia are coming. They were jumping around the bedroom last night making sleeping arrangments and big plans on what to play when they're here. GL w/ packing. Love reading the blog :) - Jodi

 
At 11/16/2006 2:51 PM , Blogger LawMommy said...

Jen,

What airports are you flying out of/through, and can I ask what travel agent you used? You can email me at g r e t c h e n f a i t h at y a h o o dot c o m if you don't want that info on your website!

Gretchen

 
At 11/17/2006 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck and god bles your journey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home