2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Flying the beautiful skies!

Ok, we finally ironed out the flights. I really wanted to fly a step-down from business class, but it simply was not going to work out. So, plan B.

We leave on Sat. December 2nd and will arrive there on the morning on the 4th (our time would be night-time on the 3rd) It iwll just be Brian and I. As it turns out, our trip coincides perfectly with my parents going to Florida, yes again, but this time with my Aunt and Uncle as well as Grandma. When they offered to take the older two to Disney a day or two, how can you refuse? Especially when airfare prices were rolling in!!! Believe it or not, the girls were a little upset, though they did get over it fairly quickly.

The husband will be with me for one week before heading home. Then the tough part, I'll be on my own for 5 days. It was that or he and/or my dad take time off without pay. I really am thinking I will be fine. I've had babies before, just not twins! So I plan on staying in those days unless I would happen to go somewhere with one of the two other families I will be traveling with. Besides I might need him to take time off more once we are home and have all 4 and juggling dr appointments and all.

Dad and I will be heading home on the 23rd of December and will arrive back in Ohio at 6:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve Day. I also think we are going to purchase an extra seat for the flight home. I know it is a bit of money, quite a bit actually, but I know we are going to need the space. The international part of the flight will have bassinets for the babies, but the LA-Ohio flight won't. I am thinking it would be nice to have a spot to change diapers and let our arms take a rest a few times on that 4-5 hour flight.

What a holiday this will be, Merry Christmas to me and what better gift could I ever ask for than my girls all together for Christmas!!! I'm excited, can you tell? Now I need to focus energy on a hotel and visas.

6 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 8:37 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Jenn!!!! This is wonderful! I have been out of commision lately and not at the computer, but I logged on just to see any updates from your blog! WOW, you leave in less than month. I'm so happy for your family. IT will be a Merry Christmas! God does bless!

 
At 11/09/2006 6:40 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

What a wonderful holiday present!!!! GL!!! I am so excited for you!

 
At 11/09/2006 9:52 AM , Blogger andersensmommy said...

Hey Jenn. It's Yoko. I got my own blog now too! I made it when I viewed my friend's blog and she didn't have it set so anyone could comment, only fellow bloggers. Anyway, congrats on having final plans!! I am so excited for you and your family. I will pray for traveling mercies for you, Brian and the girls. And also hope that you all stay healthy throughout the visit. When you get back, it'll be quite the Christmas indeed!!

 
At 11/09/2006 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news on your travel, how exciting!

 
At 11/09/2006 8:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....for a second there I thought you were saying that when your dh left VN that you would be alone with the babies for the rest of the trip and flights home. Eeeeek! ;) I know you are a wonderful mom and a courageous and strong woman....but I was thinking you might have lost a few beans somewhere in this wait!! hee hee!!! I was glad to figure out that your dad will be with you at the end....for the flights.

I'm SOOOOOO excited for you!!! I'm simply beside myself wanting to see pictures of you holding those gorgeous twins of yours....and hearing about them and your trip. How great that you have tickets and are getting all the final details taken care of.

I think you'll appreciate having the one on one time with your twins while your other girls are off having fun with Mickey and Grandma. You'll miss them, but they be having a blast and you'll get to concentrate on your newest little ones. The timing of everything is all in God's providence. :)

 
At 11/10/2006 11:35 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

What a Merry Christmas! I am traveling with Kelly, I can't believe that I will be holding my angel for Christmas! Hope that we can meet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home