2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Another Day Done

11 days left and I am cool as a cucumber. I am resting in peace through the process now and taking my time. I have put off packing until next week as everytime I start I end up changing things and have become too stressed over it. Sometimes you just need to set things aside in order to start afresh. Our snow is all melted, but now it is freezing cold! It has me thinking about how the twins will adjust to the weather. Their weather right now is about 65 at night and pushing 80 during the day, though by the end of December the weather will top off at a high of 72ish and lows down in the 50's...what a change for them!!! Right now I would be happy to see a high UP in the 50's. I did by some good bunting that attaches to the car seats to help keep them warm through the winter and to help keep the wind off of them. I bought the lighter weight knowing I can throw a blanket in there under it for ver cold days and then on cooler days they won't over-heat. I look at the car seats sometimes and get a bit sentimental. The one we are borrowing from a good friend, but the other we used for Olivia and Grace. I can still picture in my head the day we brought them home, and other moments. One in particular I remember is being gone all day and coming home to find our first tulip of the year blooming. Olivia was 1 and of course had to inspect. Being as we didn't go inside first, Gracie was still in the car seat and laughing at the big red flower her sister kept waving about. I can't wait for memories like this again!!!! Don't get me wrong, the older girls still provide me weekly with great memories, but memories change with ages and stages.

My thankfulness post for the day:
Today I am thankful for my older two children! Olivia and Grace have taught me so much! They have helped me grow into the roll of a parent, and yet they have helped me to be a kid again! I love them will all of my heart, and then some. I know that they will be wonderful big sisters and it is such a joy to see them growing into that roll already. It also tickles me to watch them as they are now more than just sisters, but they are becoming good friends. They stick up for each other in play-groups and always ask for "one more (sucker at the bank, sticker at the library, etc.) for my sister" when they are not together. They are 2 of God's most precious gifts to me and I am so thankfull and honored to be their mommy!

Jenn who is still feeling the calm effect of the snow that was so pretty, but is already gone.

4 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I pop in here every now and then but have never left a comment before. I just noticed your link to OHVA. We school with OHVA also, and are adopting from Vietnam. Small world.

 
At 11/21/2006 11:13 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing about your girls'. We are getting ready for life with 2 girls, so it's nice to read about sisterly love.

You sure are calm about traveling so soon...I wish I had your peace :)

 
At 11/21/2006 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see your staying calm. If I was traveling in 11 days I would be a nervous wreck.LOL

Good luck with your flights! Happy Thanksgiving.

Stephanie

 
At 11/21/2006 6:34 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

wow. I admire you so much for your patience and calm!
btw, I added your blog to my links....let me know if that is ok or not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home