2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Does the DRAMA ever end?

I got a call this morning asking me if I can make a 1 o’clock appointment for my visa interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I promise that in real life (outside of blog-land and adoption-world that is) I am not a dramatic person. This however has pushed me to “drama-queen” status and I can not wait to return home and work on keying myself down some. I have a feeling turning into my driveway, tripping over my dog, and loving on my other two girls will bring out the old me.

Please continue praying, no one else in our group has appointments yet. I am not sure why I was chosen to go first, and I tried to trade. One family here has been here since before Thanksgiving and their small children at home are calling their older sister mommy! Then the other family I have been spending time with has an adoptive daughter at home that has to have neuro-surgery the first week of January. ALL of our families have been here the month of December and it is now time to go home. I hope others got phone calls while I was out getting visa photos for the babies this morning.

Now for the reason I titled it does the drama not end….the internet is spotty at best due to the earthquake that hit Taiwan. Guess how the embassy communicates with homeland security who issues the visas…you guessed it: the internet. The last I check in the families that interviewed Tuesday still do not have visas. SO, there is no guarantee that I will get a visa tomorrow as I would had the internet been working properly. CRAZY!

So glad to have that interview though, it’s my last appointment before preparing to go home!

I’ll keep you all posted,

6 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 11:41 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Oh My!!!! YAh!!!!! I'm still praying! God is answering our prayers. I logged on before going to bed. It is 11:40pm on the 27th.
Looking forward to hearing if everything went through. Good Luck Jenn!

 
At 12/28/2006 4:17 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

We are here...same thing. No guarantee that we can get the damn visas. We are soo devastated. We have that interview yet no freaking piece of paper. We just want to go home....Wishing us all good luck.

 
At 12/28/2006 4:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have been following your blog for a while now. I can't believe all the things you have been through! Hang in there. Sounds like you and your beautiful babies are almost home!

 
At 12/28/2006 5:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn- the adventures- I am still praying for you and getting home in 2006

 
At 12/28/2006 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gawsh! Oh my gawsh! Oh my gawsh!!! AHHHHHH! How thrilling to wake up to see this. I've been so bummed out :( lol, yeah, nothing like you have, but still bummed. Oh wow. Cannot wait to see the update. Wow wow wow!!! Auntie Jodi is praying!

 
At 12/28/2006 11:10 AM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Yay! You got your appointment, woman! You are awesome for being willing to switch. I mean REALLY awesome. I know how much you want to get home. I really hope (and believe) the Embassy will work it out in the next 24 hours. Keep up the faith!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home