2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Sunday, October 22, 2006

packing

I washed the twins' clothes last night and began packing today. Babies take a good chunk of stuff, two take even more. Ugh, I have even went through and tried to figure out what I might not be needing and eliminated one blanket. I wish you could hear me laughing at that!!!!
Anyhow, I did divide it out, one warmer outfit in this suitcase and the other, one cooler outfit in this suitcase and the other. Ends up I have two half full suitcases and have yet to put in bottles or meds yet. I was really hoping to only check two bags (these are carry-on size, so we can take them carry-on if we would want to), but read the above and remember there are two more adults and 2 children coming along. I wonder if we can all pack a weeks worth of clothes into our carry-on backpacks? I do plan on having laundry done at least twice while there and I am also bringing Woolite single-uses so that we can wash underwear and baby-stuff on demand. We really do not want to over pack as we are going to have our hands full of kids and babies, let alone needing everyone to drag a couple pieces of luggage! Maybe one more checked bag would be ok. Then I have to think that my husband will be needing to return home with a chunk of this....anyone ever shipped items home, including their own clothes?

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2006 2:54 PM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

I know your hell. Here is what we have: one lg suitcase for all of our adult clothing and also Noah's (4yo) clothing. One large suitcase for all of Addison's stuff (clothes, baby equipment, etc). one medium suitcase for my other two boys clothing.

Then we are taking two over-head carryons - one with video equipment/cameras and medication. I can't remember what's in the other at the moment. Then we will have the laptop and two backpacks. We have yet to figure out what we will do with the orphanage donations. We are thinking of sticking them all in a duffle and checking it and if it gets ruined, we'll buy replacements in Vietnam.

Two babies would take up TONS of space. I'm impressed you are doing it so well!!! If you get a hotel with a washer/dryer in it, you can GREATLY reduce what you pack for the rest of you, too.

 
At 10/24/2006 8:34 PM , Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

AGK! How exciting! TWINS!!! YAY! I can't wait to see their adorable faces!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home