2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

10 days and counting

Looking ahead, how wonderful to start the single digits on Thanksgiving. Made me smile at least.
My mom and I took the kids to a movie last night and finished up a bit of shopping, her not me, that is any shopping I have left I plan on doing in Vietnam. I can't try to do it all here, it simply won't work. It was nice, though the movie was a big disappointment. One of those flicks where the best parts of the movie are shown in the previews...the restof it was a story line that seemed to have a half heart attempt to it with a side of agenda thrown in. Can you tell I was bummed. We did however have a wonderful time together and I ended up getting my mom to eat at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants. Now I am not talking the usual in the mall Japanese food....we are talking authentic menu. More shushi than anything else, with a nice selection of teriakki dishes, udon noodle soups, and tempura. MMmmmmm....it was very good and got me in the mood for more Asian food. I have had tried Vietnamese food once and really liked it, I also know of a couple recommended Japanese Restaurants in Hanoi. Watch me gain weight on this trip.
Thankfullness post for the day:
Today I am thankful for my senses, as in touch, taste, sight, sound, and smell. Think what life would be like without feeling the velvety softness of a rose and then sniffing it's beautiful scent. The snow I talked about the other day and even more exciting your child's first steps. How about the first little laugh you baby giggles, or the sound of "mama" in your ear. The smoothness of good chocolate, and spicyness of pumpkin pie, and the fresh taste of a crisp apple. My favorite though is snuggling a warm soft baby who is breathing softly while dozing off. Watching those little eyelashes drop and smell that sweet little baby smell!!! Does life get any better?

Jenn who will be smelling TWO sweet little babies in a couple more than 10 days!

2 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 6:23 PM , Blogger Jo said...

Baby smell is the greatest!!!! Enjoy. Have safe trip too.

 
At 11/22/2006 9:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving to you! Have a safe journey in a few days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home