2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Friday, November 03, 2006

Lots of food

Some parents at our church came up with this great idea called date night. There are a group of about 7 families and we all take turns watching everyone elses kids. So for one night watching 13 children, you get 6 months worth of free babysitting the first friday night of the month. I am not much for a room full of kids that aren't mine, BUT it is SOOOOOooooooo worth it. Usually we go out to dinner or something, but tonight we stayed in. We cooked, and cooked, and cooked some more. Beef Stroganoff, Sausage and Rice, Bacon Corn Chowder, and so on. We have roasts sitting in the freezer with carrots, onions, and broth/seasonings...all we have to do is drop them in the crockpot. We have chicken breast marinating in 3 different marinades, sitting in the freezer, waiting to be baked for supper. We did a cooking marathon and were able to do 18 dishes to put in our freezer, where I have already managed to put back 6 or so. I would like to do another marathon of 15 or so and then I will feel comfortable with what I have left for the family when they return home without me and for when the babies and I arrive home as well.
What a mess, but in the middle of December I am going to be glad!
No news this week on a travel date, weekend will probable be rough except for the fact that my two aunts are coming to visit grandma...that means baby cousin to hold and try out in my slings and her older brother for my girls to play with.
Lots of visiting with a side of cute baby makes for a weekend much tolerable than last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home