2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's tough sometimes

Well, Brian just left for the airport...that was hard. I can not tell you how hard that was. His taxi was here early, we were hoping for late. He will be glad to be home once he gets there I am sure, and I can guarentee the dog will be glad to see him and then later in the day our oldest two. It was sad saying goodbye though as since we started dating in highschool I do not think we have spent more than 2 weeks apart. Can you tell I am dependant upon him, perhaps to a fault! I can't wait to hear that he has made it home though and the day will be busy tomorrow so that will help immensly.
Tomorrow we go to the orphanage again. I can not wait as I am really wanting to see the twins again. This time we are planning on going early in the morning, that way lights or no lights we should be able to see where they stay and be able to visit longer with them. I have gifts to bring for their nannies and in the previous post I mention the balls and candy for other children that live there. Can't wait!!!
Adventures today:
We figured anything we could send home with Brian we ought to as he was after all not going to have any children with him. So today was last minute shopping. We hand-picked chopsticks (service for six, of course) along with little rests that look like fish, and a very nice box. I really liked the box she was trying to sell us and I know Brian didn't want to spend that much. It has inlaid mother-of-pearl depicting a quiet pagoda scene and there is one long section for the sticks and then 3 little divided sections for the fish to pair up. I know it is something we will tresure for time to come. I also went back to the smocked dress shop just in case I wanted somthing else, but did not....did I mention that shop? BEAUTIFUL hand smocked sundresses, I was able to get 4 for around $6 each! 100% linen, all hand embroidered and smocked, and simply too cute. I look forward to the day I can post pics of the twins in them, though it might be awhile as tiny as they are. We also went looking for bedding. I found a silk blanket/quilt/ covering that would fit our bed in the colors I want to do our bedroom, the price was unbelievable, but we are adopting here so many of you know we are now officially broke! It was nice to finish up the shopping though and get that all packed to be sent home...it is just too bad I had to send my husband with it all.
We had lunch at a little place called Mama Melrose, it was ok. Right close to the lake and very Italian menu. It was nice, but not sure I will go back as I am not a big marinara or pesto sauce person and most of their menu had red sauces while the white sauce I had did not agree well with my tummy (which was almost 100%, though now a little touchy after that meal.) We did stop by at Highland's for a quick drink and some people watching. I will be sure to take a picture from up there sometime. It is on the 3rd floor of a building that overlooks a very busy intersection with no traffic lights or signals. I love it up there, it reminds me of Starbucks a bit as it is a coffee shop/cafe and there are big comfy chairs, tables outside, and a huge fireplace.
Reminds me of one more thing, everyone here is wearing winter clothes...you know sweaters, coats, mittens, etc. We get the biggest chuckle out of it as it has been over 70 every day but one and yesterday hit 80. We were warm yesterday without shorts, but did ok as long as we stayed out of the direct sun. If they are dressing this warm now, I can not imagine what the heat is like in the summer!
Counting the hours until I get to experience more of all my daughters' have ever known and then just 2 days after that they become a part of our family for good. Life is good, it is tough sometimes, but it is so good!
Jenn

5 Comments:

At 12/09/2006 8:07 AM , Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Jenn,

I know how hard it is when your husband leaves you in a strange place! I promise it does get a little easier, even though you still have that ache for him. I am glad your father will be joining you later in the week. I hope that you are able to see the twins for a longer period of time tomorrow. It does help to give you a purpose for being away from those you love so much! I am enjoying reading your blog. By the way, I love Highlands Coffee as well. I spent a couple of hours there today too!

Stacey

 
At 12/09/2006 12:25 PM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry it is so hard right now. Saying goodbye stinks.

The bookshop sounds like such a find!

I have to say I totally don't blieve you about the coats and mittens so your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to take pictures and post them of THAT! Haha. I am DYING to see coats and mittens in 70+ degrees! I do not believe such an atrocity exists!

 
At 12/09/2006 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry Brian had to leave, before seeing the twins again, and leaving you by yourself. I know that is lonely. I've had to send my dh home on one of our adoption trips and I was very lonesome. I hope you get to spend LOTS of time with the twins tomorrow to make up for it ;). And soon you will be able to bring them back to the hotel with you. That will be an adventure....and a whole lot of fun!

I'm glad you got to get out and do some shopping. it sounds like you found some really nice things.

Thanks for keeping us updated! I look forward to hearing about the visit with the twins!!!

 
At 12/09/2006 1:25 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Sending prayers your way. It'll be easier when you have the twins to accupy your time and mind. Looking forward to hearing about your visit with them. Get the name of the smocked dress shop. I'd love to go there.

 
At 12/10/2006 3:18 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

We are here.

I am sorry that your hubby left. I hope your G&R is tomorrow! Ours is tomorrow then I will try to be in touch via email.

We can't find a stroller anywhere that is reasonably priced!

Take care and hang in-J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home