2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Here is the skinny

While I would love to post in caps that tomorrow I will be officially a mother of four, I can't bring myself to do it. I used to joke with the gals here that when the van pulls up I will believe it. Now that I know we have a date AND time I still have a hard time believing it. I think I will believe it when I sign the papers and write my and my husbands name in the book making it official. I am all woozy (not sure if it was last nights supper or nerves!) I will be taking all kinds of pepto and other stuff just in case as it looks like tomorrow is really the day. Now after all the crud you all have been reading, I am sure you as well as me, are thinking "Hmmm, well we hope, we'll see though." It's rotten really, but there is hope. I am still unsure that we will make it home for Christmas, though I do plan on trying as we have really nice seats and flights and I hate to mess with it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
What on earth is going on? Great question and wish I could explain it fully. Here is my best attempt:
At home we have National gov't and State gov't, here there is Hanoi and the provinces. At home the Nat'l gov't pretty much runs it though it allows the states some give and take on certain issues. It does not work that way here at all. Even though the law states that a G&R is to be issued x# days after this form clears, etc. it simply is not that way. It is not their culture and it is not something they are used to doing. The provinces way more power over what is happening in their province than Hanoi does so if the official from the Department of Justice decides he wants to not go to work tomorrow and there is a G&R scheduled it gets cancelled. That along with the "we would rather make you happy then tell you bad news" thing made for a rough start for us. There were meetings in Hanoi that our officials HAD to be at on monday and tuesday. That knocks off two of the dates we were told would work for a G&R. Why we didn't go last week is reasons like the above province example. Could we wake up in the morning to an email stating that so and so can not make it and we have to wait till Thurs? yes Is that likely at this point? no How sure are we on tomorrow? not sure, but know that both our in country rep and our director both are very secure on this date and that is encouraging.
Our van leaves at 10AM...think I'll start stalking the lobby at about hmmm I don't know 6! Not sure I will be able to sleep tonight, but hoping not to have too much trouble as my nights of un-interrupted sleep are hopefully over for awhile!
I will post before leaving tomorrow and am really hoping the two Dept's that are in charge all have quiet, healthy evenings with the lives of all they know being boring and drab for the next 24 hours!
Jenn

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh for cryin out loud! how stressful for you.....hang in there, Jen. I keep praying for you and your family.
(oh, and I went and posted a huge apology on MY blog to lawmommy for the repetitive posting...still have no idea how the heck that happened!)

 
At 12/12/2006 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see a happier post! Things are surely looking up now. I have great hope that when we wake up tomorrow morning you will be up to your chin in twin baby girls!! I can't wait to hear from you after you have finished with the G&R. Even if it's a quick post!

Get some good sleep tonight....I think you'll be needing it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home