2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Monday, December 11, 2006

Touring the city

We had a wonderful tour this afternoon, it was so informative and was also very relaxing. We strolled throught the Temple of Literature, went to the Ho Chi Minh Massoleum, Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda, and also saw a very ornate Pagoda that I can't think of the name for right now to save my life! Our guide was very good at what he does. We were told all kinds of facts about the city and the places we went to (Temple of Literature's first areas were formed around 1040) and also lots of info on the relations between our two countries. He was very quick to answer questions and was glad to be of service. I am hoping perhaps we can arrange another trip with him again as it was so nice. I'd like to do a cyclo tour of the Old Quarter and since it is a moving thing, perhaps the twins would be entertained.
One of the gals here has her parents along to help with her two children. The youngest however was so overwhelmed with Hanoi that she ended up going home with her Daddy (he left the same time Brian did) Now her mom is feeling like she needs a grandchild to help with, I of course welcomed her to my room to cuddle a baby anytime she likes! She even offered to help on the trip home...think my dad will give up his trip here? I doubt it as he seems excited to visit the country.
I am in much better spirits today, getting out and about helps me quite a bit. I am looking forward to tomorrow getting the babies, but have kept my heart guarded just in case. To think, tomorrow it will be all official and they will be my children! I can't imagine and can't wait, but will still try to keep cool about it just in case. When that van pulls up to our door, though you better believe that I am going to be jumping up and down excited...have to remember to bring a carrier though, as I am not sure how I'll ride in this traffic without at least one of them being attached or strapped in somehow!
I will try to go update the slide show now to reflect some of the beauty and history I was able to experience today.
Jenn

3 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 6:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn- continuing to keep you in my prayers. I hope while you wait you are Writing down all that history for your albums!

 
At 12/11/2006 8:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Glad to hear your spirits are up. I don't know if I could be as calm as you are without my husband. I will continue to pray that things move along quickly and that you all make it home on time.

Stephanie

 
At 12/11/2006 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tour sounds nice. We did a tour much like yours when we were there. I'm glad you were able to get out and about and that made you feel better. The cyclo tour of the Old Quarter is wonderful....we've done that one too. It's a must!!

How very sweet of the grandma who needs a grandchild now :) It will be nice to have her help even if your dad still comes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home