2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

More trouble

Well, you try to keep your chin up and to not hit rock bottom. It isn't easy when you are in another country to adopt and have NO G&R date. Simply isn't easy. Then you find out others are in your shoes and you hurt for them as well. It turns out not just the 3 families from our province but the other 4 families who are in another province are not having their G&R as well. My heart breaks for them as I know how hard it was to swallow that news last night. Most of them are single moms and I can not imagine going through this without the support of my husband, they are certainly stronger than I.

One of the directors of our agency has flown in and we all are meeting at 8 tonight. I am nervous about it. We all want answers and I am afraid they will have none or that it will be tense. At first I was okay with it all thinking it was just a provincial thing, now I am afraid it is an agency thing and it makes me ill to even think that. If you can not trust your agency over here, who can you trust? I am really hoping I am wrong and that all of this will get ironed out and smoothed over in no time. You know, one of those things you look back on and laugh at, however I left home 10 days ago....it's hard to imagine getting to the point that all of this is funny. I am trying not to jump to any conclusions and am trying not to lay blame on anyone, but am to the point that some solid truth answers are not only welcomed but necessary.

In good news I drug myself out of here with friends today, it was nice to get out and seems to help keep my spirits a little stable. I also bought a stroller with handles tall enough for me! I can not find one in the US, so had to get it here, funny huh (see these are the things we look back on and laugh at, not sitting for 10 days in a foriegn country with NOTHING!) It is pretty nice, folds easily like an umbrella stoller, but lays back flat with the foot part folding up kind of like a buggie, but the baby not facing you (handle doesn't switch to a pram-style.) I really think both babies would comforatble in it if need be, though I plan on wearing one of them as much as possible. There are many places here in Hanoi that it will not be practical, including the block we live on. So if I am headed south to the lake I'll take it, if not leave it, and if I take it I'll just have to be really cautious to choose a slow but steady path. I do know however it will be wonderful for the flight home and getting around in the airport. If I can wear one/push one or push both, dad can struggle with the luggage and we might have a chance at making our connectings! Oh and the best part, the price. While not a bargain at 400,000 VND (around $25 USD) it certainly wasn't a rip-off as the ones in the supermarkets are running around twice that amount for less of a stroller!

I AM READY FOR THESE BABIES, ARGH! 8 o'clock seems hours away and I simply can not wait to hear what on earth is going on! I will of couse keep the blog posted and I also want to say thank you for those that comment and email, it means to world to me sometimes to hear that you care and that people are thinking of us. It is easy to slip into feeling a bit along over here even though I have wonderful families that I am traveling with and am able to talk to home for free like they were in the next room. Trying so hard not to jump to any conclusions and lay blame, hoping this meeting helps a bunch!

Jenn

5 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray that those babies will be with you to love on! And for patience for you.

 
At 12/12/2006 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry I haven't been commenting a lot. I honestly don't know what to say and am getting a little nervous myself about the whole process. I do hope your agency can clear things up for you so you at least know where you stand and what you can expect. I will continue to send positive thoughts your way for a G&R date so you can bring your two little girls home! I am thinking of you and stalk your blog multiple times per day to get updates! Many hugs coming your way!

 
At 12/12/2006 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

I know it has to be so fustrating, sitting and waiting for the G&R date. I am praying that the agency people can come in and help speed things along. I have felt fustrated for you and the others who are also waiting.
I hope and pray that things go well today and that you all get a concrete G&R date. I know you miss your family, and I know you want to get those babies home.
Just know that we are hear thinking about you everyday and praying for a speedy homecoming.

Stephanie

 
At 12/12/2006 9:22 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Oh Jenn. I am so sorry for all of the delays and unanswered questions. I really pray that you found out some information tonight. I will continue to pray for you and your babies.

 
At 12/12/2006 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having (or had) a meeting with your agency staff. I hope that provided some of the answers you need. I continue to pray for you!! E-mail anytime you need to!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home