2 MORE TO LOVE

* twins * adoption * princesses * recipes * life*

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More details

I could NOT sleep last night as I was so anxious for today, so I am really tired right now and a bit stressed, forgive the typos and things that make no sense in advance. The girls just tuckered out and after I eat my soup that is brewing while I type, I plan on joining them.

We left the hotel at around 10Am for Hung Yen. Our orphanage was the first stop and there I got to change them and tell their nannies good-bye one last time. Then we go on to the other orphanage in Hung Yen. The actual G&R was very quick, no big speeches or anything, mainly just signing papers. After that we went from place to place filing some papers in preperation for the babies passports and then back to Hanoi.

It was very hard taking the girls from all they have ever known. They are so sad and upset, they don't sleep the heavy relaxed sleep they slept at the orphanage the other day. They are just not happy little things right now. They want badly to play a bit and smile, but most smiles break down into these little pouty faces and end with tears. My heart is aching for them. They do not like bottles, I have tried latex and silicon, orthodontic and "like mom", 4 different types and it does not matter. Reminds me very much of Gracie when I tried getting her to do bottles a little and that was with breastmilk. These poor things will only take a bottle after a huge fit and then with tears running down their faces...it's hard. I just know they were being nursed. They do not get excited at the sight of a bottle, or the smell or taste of formula. I am glad as that is best for them, but sad as it is one more thing they are giving up. Wishing I had built up a bit of a milk supply before coming, just in case.

They are so adorable and in size 0-3, tiny for being 4.5 months old. I expect tomorrow to be better for them and the day after that even better. We go at 9:30 in the morning for something that has to do with passports, my brain is a bit fried and I can't seem to remember where that is or what the official name is, so sorry. Going to eat and re-pack diaper bag while doing so, that way I am ready to go for tomorrow and do not have to worry in the morning....getting out the door is going to be much harder than before!

Thank you to you all for keeping with me in the deep dark of all this. I did post some orphanage pics of the babies, don't have time or energy to upload new right now. Need to sleep when they sleep as they say. I promise more photos will follow, though perhaps not until my dad arrives as they need me right now more than you need pics...so sorry about that but a mommy has to look after her girls. I will tell you though that they are little angels with the sweetest little faces!

Take care all and here is presenting Chloe Hoa Hattery and Aubrey Lan Hattery, as named by their forever mommy and daddy. Born on July 27th, 2006 in the Hung Yen province of Vietnam and given the names Cao Thi Hoa and Cao Thi Lan at birth by their birth mommy.

Jenn who is ready to go to sleep on cloud 9!

6 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had your G&R date! Take care of those precious little ones! I hope everything else goes smoothly for you and you are back in the US soon!

 
At 12/13/2006 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,

Wow! You finally have those sweet little angels in your arms. I know with all the emotional issues that have went on the last few days it has been really hard for you. I am so happy that everything is working out now. Try to get some much needed rest. I am praying that the girls will adjust to their new surrroundings and start eating better.

Take care,

Stephanie

 
At 12/13/2006 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's so good to hear more details about the twins and just to know they are there with you......all YOURS!! I'm so sorry they are having a hard time with bottles and the transition out of the orphanage. It will get easier for them. It usually happens fast with babies. I hope in another day or two they have their happy faces back!

Thanks for taking the time to write about your day.....even though you must be utterly exhausted!! Go get some sleep and take good care of your girls.

 
At 12/13/2006 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horray!!! Oh the happy tears are flowing here in Ohio!!!

 
At 12/13/2006 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that I have tears in my eyes!

 
At 12/13/2006 3:00 PM , Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

I am SO glad they are yours at long last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Sorry you are having to handle this huge adjustment all alone but you won't be along long, right? Even if you don't have milk, you might want to offer the breast if you are willing, anyway, just for comfort. YOu can not BEAT the bonding and soothing abilities of breastfeeding and right now you might need that! ANd if they are willing to nurse, they may bring in your milk REALLY fast. Regardless, you are doing great! It is so sad to hear about their adjustment but it just means they are healthy, emotionally. Addison wasn't like that AT ALL and it made me sad for her that she had no attachment to anything :-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home